This week’s recipe is perfect as a post-workout snack for when you’re craving something sweet and filling and it’ll give you a kick of protein too. Protein is the most satisfying nutrient so it makes us feel fuller for longer, ideal to stop you rummaging through your cupboards after a sweaty session when you’re feeling ravenous! They’re super easy to make, ideal to pop into your gym bag and you don’t even need to look at your oven to make them.
I found this recipe from Deliciously Ella, her energy balls are also the perfect snacks with minimal ingredients so if you’re looking for something on the go they’re a great go-to snack.
- 400g medjool dates
- 100g oats
- 100g roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (I used Whole Earth, it has a higher protein content)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
– Whizz together the oats and the nuts together in a food processor until they form a chunky flour consistency. (I used my Nutri-Bullet because I don’t own a food processor)
– Pit your dates and add them them into the mix along with the peanut butter and coconut oil.
– Now for the fun part! Once the consistency becomes ‘mouldable’ you can mould your mixture into approximately 20 balls.
– If you feel like your mixture is slightly damp, place the balls into the fridge to chill. (Or freeze them to keep them longer!) Voila!