This quick and easy recipe is an absolute favourite of mine, its cheap, quick to make and tastes GOOD. It’s a 100% vegan friendly recipe so whether your a full time vegan or you’re just looking to incorporate more plant based meals into your week – this recipe is for you!
Ingredients (For 2 people)
- 240g drained lentils
- 200g passata
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 60g sun-dried tomatoes
- Mixed salad leaves
- 30g Pitted black olives
- 1 x red pepper & 1 x yellow pepper
- 2 x garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Handful of flat leaf parsley
- Preheat your oven to 220°C / Gas mark 7.
- Slice both peppers in half length-ways and remove any seeds. Place them on a baking tray & drizzle 1 tbsp of oil over them. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the peppers are in the oven, finely chop the garlic & sun-dried tomatoes. Quarter the pitted olives & finely chop the parsley. Drain & rinse the lentils if you haven’t already.
- Heat a medium sized pan with 1 tbsp of oil & cook the garlic for 1 minute, then add the lentils, passata sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, 3/4 of the parsley and season with salt & pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until thickened.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground almonds with a pinch of sea salt & add the remaining parsley. Spoon the lentils into the roasted peppers and sprinkle the almond parsley crumb mixture on top. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes until the crumbs turn golden.
- Whilst the peppers cook, chop up your cherry tomatoes and mix up with the salad leaves and balsamic vinegar to create your side salad.