Protein porridge – a quick and nutritious way to start you day! Porridge is a slow release of energy so you won’t be left feeling hungry and deflated half way through your morning and with protein being the most satisfying nutrient, this brekkie makes perfect for a post workout as well as for your usual breakfast. You can experiment with toppings by adding fruit, nuts or seeds. I experimented & used Cocoa+ chocolate squares, they’re a chocolate company that have created a high protein but low sugar chocolate that still tastes DELICIOUS. I’ve still got a couple of bars that I’m yet to add into a protein/baking experiment!
Ingredients (For 1 serving)
- 60g Oats
- Protein powder of your choice (I used a chocolate, peanut butter flavour)
- Almond milk
- 2 x tbsps Flaxseed
- Handful of blueberries
- Handful of hazelnuts
- Cocoa+ chocolate squares
- Place your oats into a heatproof bowl and pour over almond milk until the oats have just become covered. Mix up and put in the microwave for 40 secs.
- Add a scoop of your protein powder to the bowl and mix well with a spoon. If you need to heat your oats for longer than pop the mixture back in the microwave for another 20 secs.
- Continue to mix the oats until the protein powder, almond milk and oats have completely mixed together.
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts and scatter on top of the oats, along with the blueberries and flax seed.
- Add chocolate squares into the middle of the porridge – make sure your porridge is hot enough to melt the chocolate!